Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wyoming - Hope and Change! November 1-3

Wow - Wyoming is now my favorite state.  It used to be Montana  --but WOW Wyoming!

It is amazingly gorgeous here and the wildlife is unbelievable - you see all sorts without even trying.  It's everywhere!  The people here are friendly, accepting, interesting, and intelligent. it's very refreshing!

My first stop was Greybull.  After watching the Giants win the World Series -- Woo Hoo! -- I met up with a group of friends who were having a going away party for one of their friends who is on his way to Siberia.  They were so much fun.  So first a shout out to my new BFF's in Wyoming -- Paul, Grover, JD, Joe and Rick.  In addition to all the fun at the Smoke House and the breakfast in the am, they took the time to show me their oil mine.  It was such an experience.  After the training on how not to die in a mine, they took me down into the mile long tunnel.  The operation was impressive.  I tried very hard to act brave but was terrified.  I am so appreciative of the time they took with me and the opportunity I had to see something that few people ever get to see.

 
My new Wyoming BFF's

 
Underground 1 mile
in my gear! 
 
front of mine

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How brave of you. Somehow I didn't know that oil came from a mine. I'm learning new things. Guess I'm like the city child who doesn't know that mile comes from cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know either. I guess it is new. They still drill for the oil but inside the mine.

    ReplyDelete