Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Delevan/Lake Geneva/Milwaukee

Wow! It’s hard to believe that it has been a week since I last posted. It’s been a good week too!

After my night in the Walmart parking lot Delevan offered everything I needed, all with the charm of a small town.

I figured out that I have never operated a self serve car wash before – weird – right??! Car washing is not my strong point – good to know as I move forward in life!! Needless to say my car still needs a good washing.

Delevan / Lake Geneva

I highly recommend adding this area to your travel plans. In addition to it being beautiful, the people rock. I spent my time riding my bike around the town and the lake, walking around the shops at Lake Geneva and eating the best (and only) German pancake stuffed with apples that I have ever had. The pancake takes 45 minutes to make but is well worth it.

From Delevan I headed into Milwaukee. I really did not know anything about Milwaukee but was pleasantly surprised. The first thing I found was a great parkway around Lake Michigan near their art museum, with a strategically placed coffee shop built out of an old pump house. I had googled to find a fun / funky area and it did not disappoint.

The art museum was really impressive. It sits on the lake and the building is architecturally beautiful. This is proof that I am doing more than going to, watching or talking about sporting events!! It was a real life art museum!!

I found a hotel that was an Irish Pub (MO’s Irish Pub – no less!!) on the bottom and a cute, comfortable hotel on top. They even had an elevator, so the commute home from the pub was easy.

Milwaukee is also home to Miller Brewing, Pabst and Schlitz. I’m not a big domestic beer connoisseur but found the tour to be interesting and the beer not so bad!

My friend Chris joined me for the Milwaukee tour! We had beer and bratz, a fun Miller Brewery tour, fresh sausage and cheese from the Third Ward and Karaoke on Brady street. Food, beer, more food and beer and singing – can’t get much better than that!! They boast of having a music festival every weekend during the summer – I think it would be a great city to visit then – I’d go back.

I’m on the road again – will update you all on the ND game (yes more sports!!) and all the other goings on…

Cheers

MO

3 comments:

  1. Little known trivia - until August of this year, Milwaukee boasted the worlds tallest 4-sided clock tower. I was fortunate enough to visit the observation suite of the tower and the view of Milwaukee was pretty awesome.
    Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photographs - they postcard perfect!
    Go Irish!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. MO's Irish Pub!!!! How perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete