Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving (a bit late)!

What a wonderful holiday we had – thanksgiving indeed! I am so blessed to have the family that I have and so enjoy the time I get to spend with them.

Highlights of the holiday in Portland include:

A delicious and over indulgent Thanksgiving dinner prepared by a team of great cooks which included Maddy’s homemade stuffing.

The second (not so annual yet) Family Variety show! All “acts” were impressive but the Bacon girls stole the show for sure.

Friday’s “shopping “(some shopping, some eating, some cocktails! Good times) day done twice to accommodate everyone’s schedule and who doesn’t like to shop the day after Thanksgiving…all day long! Add in the excitement of the thwarted bombing at Pioneer Square – exactly where we were – which equals one incredible day.

We all got lots of time spent with the cousins, aunts and uncles and Morai and Popp, just laughing and eating and enjoying each other.

I got to attend the “birthday” lunch with my mom, Lois and Bobbie – that no one has ever been invited to before (woo hoo)!

I was able to get some banjo practice in – my family was very supportive and encouraging!

My sister Liz got engaged! Congrats and best wishes to you both!!

The shopping continued all through the weekend and ended with the purchase Morai’s new Uggs! She is now a convert to the super comfy footwear – she was as excited as any teenager on the purchase!! Way too cute!

I am now heading back to my car in Kansas City and have yet to decide where I am going for sure.

BTW – I am hiking the Grand Canyon on January 12th if anyone out there is interested in joining me.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment